In this article you will learn useful tricks to eat tasty and healthy at the campsite.
It’s a shame to throw all the progress you’ve made in recent weeks for grabs during the camping holiday.
You want just on vacation are also happy with yourself and just to walk around confident in your swimsuit.
The lure of the site snack bar and the ice cream man is lurking, but the tips in this article you can resist these fine without it by less enjoyable or less enjoyable.
In this article you will get a handy packing list, ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes and some other valuable tips.
Good preparation is half the job. To eat healthily and cook it is important that you take along some things from home.
Here’s a handy packing list for your upcoming holiday:
Part 1: Ingredients
Create a package with the following items:
- olive oil (extra virgin)
- coconut oil
- vinegar, balsamic vinegar
- dried herbs, salt and pepper
- nuts and seeds
- small jars (biological) chickpeas (without E-numbers)
- a few cans of tuna
- herbal tea
If you do not go so long holiday it is convenient to buy a few small boxes and bottles that you can fill yourself with oil, vinegar, mustard, pepper, etc.
If only for a short time on the site is, it is unnecessary to carry large packages of anywhere. This only takes up space.
You can also choose to buy the smallest packages of the above products, it is easy but often expensive.
Part 2: Requirements
Take the following supplies to the camp:
- a cutting board
- a good cutter
- a wooden spatula
- a cooler
- barbecue (BBQ)
- a plurality of rolls of aluminum foil
- a blender
Well kitchenware is also important on the site to make delicious healthy meals.
To really nice to be able to cook on site, a skottelbraai * not miss a barbecue or (more preferably).
* A skottelbraai a large pan that can be used as a grill, stove, grill or wok.
For meat, fish as well as vegetables and egg, this pan is ideal. You can use it for breakfast, lunch and evening meals. It offers many opportunities to cook simple healthy. Also, you can fold the pot by which he takes up little space.
An ordinary barbecue is also fine. In this article you will find nine tips to ensure that you make ready a great healthy barbecue every night .
The aluminum foil of the packing list, is ideal to prepare packets of vegetables, sweet potatoes, corn and fish on the BBQ or skottelbraai.
And then finally the blender. Although it may not be immediately would come to you, a blender is very convenient to take along on vacation.
On warm days you usually have little appetite for a whole meal, let alone a great effort to want to do to make it ready.
Because you still like important nutrients want to get inside your body just want optimally feeding on these hot days, is a vegetable smoothie ideal for such moments.
A smoothie is delicious fresh, light and gives you everything your body needs. And if you know the right recipe is just as delicious as any other refreshing drink.
Smoothies make sure that your abdomen remains pretty flat in the holiday. This makes you feel a lot more comfortable when you walk around in your swimsuit.
The Smoothie Weight Loss Plan you will find delicious smoothie recipes that are ideal for camping. There are also special recipes for children.
Healthy meals at the campsite
Now you know what to take on holiday, it’s time to see what meals you can prepare.
First, it is important to have access to the site on fresh produce.
Go to a local market or even directly to the farmer to get your vegetables, fruits and eggs. Save a lot so that you simply at each meal at the campsite to eat your vegetables, just like home.
If you immediately strikes a good number of these products on the day of arrival, are you sure you have this holiday enough fresh produce to work with.
Make sure you get fresh meat and fish after buying prepared quickly if you do not have good cooling. Outside cooling these products are perishable.
A healthy breakfast
Also on the site is important that you eat a good breakfast. It helps your body to start the day.
Here are some breakfast ideas:
A fresh smoothie
If you really want to stay slim this holiday, you can start the day with the best vegetable smoothie. It gives energy, makes you continue to burn fat and provides your body with many important nutrients.
Make up a smoothie every day for each family member, so you do not even have to worry about the vegetable intake of children during the holidays. They have already a large amount in during breakfast.
Egg, egg, egg
Eggs must be present at the camp. They provide countless opportunities to eat healthy. They can cook, but baking, grilling or make scrambled eggs.
If you do not feel like messing around with a two-burner fire you eggs on the BBQ (or skottelbraai) ready.
You do the following:
- Make a bowl with a double sheet of aluminum foil with a diameter of about 10 cm.
- Spread the bottom of the bowl with some coconut oil and then break it open in a breeze.
- After a few minutes you will see that the egg white and after about 5 minutes, the egg ready to eat.
- Sprinkle with salt and / or oregano over to make it extra tasty.
If you make a bigger bowl you can prepare more eggs at once.
Make sure you always have oatmeal with you. Oats are durable and easy to prepare with some hot water.
By a banana or some berries to do when you have a delicious healthy breakfast in an instant.
Oatmeal is also ideal to give your smoothie a little more filling, perfect if you plan an active day .
The Smoothie Weight Loss Plan you will find delicious meal replacement smoothie recipes with oatmeal.
A healthy lunch
On a hot day, or if you have breakfast late, you usually do not feel much like a heavy lunch. But a light fresh salad goes well.
Make sure you always have a base of lettuce, tomato and cucumber and fill each time with something else such as:
- Nuts, seeds or kernels;
- boil a little quinoa;
- a can of tuna;
- a piece of fruit like an apple;
- different types of vegetables, such as peppers, spring onion, carrot or beet.
Make a dressing of:
- olive oil
- vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- lemon juice
So you’ve made a fresh salad in a snap.
The evening meal is actually pretty simple. You do it in three steps:
- You get meat and fish at the local butchers, fishmongers and farmers.
- You get vegetables at the local market or at a local (vegetable) farmer.
- You grills both meat / fish and vegetables on the BBQ or skottelbraai.
There are countless opportunities to grill different types of vegetables on the BBQ. Use it again aluminum foil so that the vegetables do not burn.
In this article shows you how you can do exactly this with corn and sweet potato.
Because your main meals on holiday tend to be more elaborate than usual, chances are that you are not experiencing cluttered feeling in your stomach, between meals. Especially if you have no active day.
If you find yourself craving a snack, it is important that you start looking for something healthy.
It is therefore recommended that you move always something healthy with you. Nuts and seeds provide long satiety and are therefore ideal to take along.
Also, a piece of fruit, some raw vegetables, avocado and boiled egg are healthy snacks to eat.
Through an active day regularly eat a healthy snack, you avoid snacking is unnecessary and unhealthy.
Bonus snack recipe
If you really want to surprise your family with a delicious dessert or snack try the stuffed apples try.
You will need:
- 4 large apples
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons of nuts, seeds or pips, and optionally
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, coconut oil or grass
How to make it:
- Remove the cores from apples with a knife or an apple corer. Make sure the apples revamp not open.
- Spread the inside of the apples with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Do not do any apple a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Mix in a separate bowl some lemon juice, the raisins, nuts, seeds and kernels of choice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Put into each hole some of the mixture and pour over the top of a teaspoon of coconut oil over the hole.
- Wrap the apples in the foil.
- Lay the apples with foil or in addition to the hot coals from the BBQ and heat them for 30 minutes to 60 minutes. Depending on the heat of the coals are they fast or slower hot and ready to eat. Check them regularly. When they are soft, they are ready to eat. Enjoy it!